Training on Reference Management System
It is increasingly becoming difficult in creating in-text citations as well as prepare a list of references manually while writing papers or theses and dissertations for students.
A variety of reference management software exists to solve this problem but most authors and researchers are not taking this advantage due to limited awareness and skills. In realization of this, COTUL has organized a one-day training to orient its members and other interested individuals on the effective usage of reference management tools.
A number of these systems will be discussed and recommendations on the efficient and effective systems based on functionality and cost-effectiveness. This training is as usual hands-on training and participants are highly recommended to bring their laptops and their charged internet modems to be used just in case the internet connectivity at the venue goes down
TITLE: TRAINING ON REFERENCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
VENUE: RUAHA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, IRINGA
TIME: 9.00 AM – 4.00 PM
• To empower participants with knowledge and skills on how to effectively capture bibliographic
data into a reference management systems
• To orient participants on how the system could help on how to cite while writing
• To demonstrate and guide participants on how to manage bibliographic information including
duplicates, managing tags, reviewing document metadata, importing and exporting from one
system to another, changing citation style etc.
• To perform hands on how to create groups and exchanging documents
• Introduction to reference management tools
• Downloading and installation one among the reference management such as Mendeley, Zotero,
or Endnote software etc.
• Creating desktop Library
• Managing documents and references in
• In-text citations
• Generating lists of references/bibliographies automatically
Who should attend?
• Authors/ researchers in all research disciplines
• Librarians/information professionals
• Postgraduate students
• Free so long you provide evidence of having paid the main COTUL conference registration fee.
Therefore do not miss the COTUL offered the opportunity.
• Bring with you a laptop and airtime bundle for internet access
• Prof. F. W. Dulle- Sokoine University of Agriculture
• Mr. P. Muneja- Information Studies- University of Dar es Salaam